Preschool (Ages 2-6)
At Southern New Hampshire Dance Theater (SNHDT), we use fun, creative methods for teaching 2-year-olds the fundamentals of dance. In addition to introducing ballet vocabulary to the students, we also implement games and exercises that are meant to help them with balance, coordination, body awareness, and the task of following directions. It is best for each student to try and engage in the class without his or her parents or caregivers. Parents are welcome to watch from our class observation windows. The class meets one day a week and lasts 30 minutes.
Pre-Dance Classes for Age 2 turning 3. Offered September to June
- Saturday 8:30am – 9:00am
Preschool 1 Classes: (Age 3 turning 4)
Similar to Pre-Dance, this class also provides an introduction to standard classroom etiquette, body awareness, and movement exploration in a fun and positive environment. The class meets once a week for 30 minutes. In our Preschool 2* Classes: (Age 4) A continuation of Preschool 1, we also add simple elements of tap to enhance the student’s coordination and rhythm. This class meets once a week for 45 minutes.
Pre-School 1 Classes for age 3 turning 4. Offered September to June
- Friday 10:00am – 10:30am
- Saturday 8:30am – 9:00am (Also for 2’s turning 3)
- Saturday 9:00am – 9:45am
Preschool 2 Classes: (Age 4 turning 5)
A continuation of Preschool 1, our Preschool 2 Classes are for ages 4 & 5. Simple elements of tap are added to this class to enhance the student’s coordination and rhythm. This class meets once a week for 45 minutes.
Pre-School 2 Classes for ages 4 and 5. Offered September to June
- Tuesday 9:45am – 10:30am
- Wednesday 3:00pm – 3:45pm
- Friday 10:30am – 11:15am
- Saturday 9:00am – 9:45am
- Saturday 10:00am – 10:45am
Tap & Ballet*: (Ages 5 & 6)
This class provides an introduction to the fundamentals of both tap and ballet while emphasizing proper posture, coordination, musicality, and good habits for physical exercise and fun. This class meets once a week for 45 minutes.
Tap & Ballet Classes for ages 5 and 6 . Offered September to June
- Monday 3:15pm – 4:00pm (Starts Jan. 7)
- Tuesday 3:15pm – 4:00pm (Starts Jan. 8)
- Wednesday 3:45pm – 4:30pm
- Thursday 3:15pm – 4:00pm
- Friday 3:30pm – 4:15pm
- Saturday 10:45am – 11:30am
Hip Hop: (Ages 4 & 6) NEW
This class provides an introduction to the fundamentals of movement and hip hop while emphasizing proper posture, coordination, musicality, and good habits for physical exercise and fun. This class meets once a week for 45 minutes.
Hip Hop Class for ages 4 to 6 years of age . Offered September to June
- Friday 4:15 – 5:00pm
Pre-Ballet Level: (Ages 5 and 6)
This class is a preparation for basic ballet study. It introduces elementary positions and exercises, and it teaches proper coordination, posture, and musicality, and . In this class, the students will build a formal ballet vocabulary and receive formal instruction. The class meets once a week for 45 minutes. See Current Classes listed below
Pre-Ballet Classes for ages 5 and 6 . Offered September to June
- Saturday 11:30am – 12:15pm
Each program is customized and designed for the ability and attention span for the ages recommended. We recommend children be within the age range noted by September 30th of the current school year to participate.
What to Wear:
- For all Pre-Dance, Pre-School, Pre-Ballet and Tap & Ballet: Girls – pink leotard, pink tights, and pink ballet shoes
- For Hip Hop: Hip-Hop: Comfortable dance or athletic wear may be worn. Any dance footwear is acceptable. If wearing sneakers they must be clean and not used for street wear — with a non-mark sole. Hair should be secured away from the face. No jewelry please.
- Jewelry, tutus, and leg warmers are permitted in class at the discretion of the instructor, as long as they are not a distraction.
- Black tap shoes are needed for Preschool 2 and all Tap & Ballet classes.
If you would like to enroll your child in a preschool or pre-dance class, pleasecall SNHDT at (603) 625-9272!