Jazz and Hip Hop
These age appropriate classes explore a number of contemporary jazz dance styles from Broadway to Hip-hop and more. The Broadway style is what is seen in Musicals such as Chorus Line, 42nd Street and High School Musical. Hip-hop is the style of dance that is often seen in music videos today.
All Hip-Hop classes are age appropriate classes and are designed for students with or without formal dance training. These upbeat classes will focus on rhythm, isolations, freestyle and choreography similar to that seen in music videos today.
The following class offered September through June:
- Advanced Jazz & Contemporary Monday 7:30 – 9:00pm
- Beginner Jazz (Ages 7 – 9) Tuesday 5:00 – 6:00pm
- Intermediate / Advanced Jazz Wednesday Evenings 7:30 – 9:00pm
- Intermediate Jazz/Musical Theater (Ages 9 & up) Thursday 6:00 – 7:30pm
- Hip-Hop (Ages 7-10) Monday 3:45 – 4:30pm
- Hip-Hop (Ages 4-6) Friday 4:00 – 4:45pm
- Open Hip-Hop (Ages 11 & up) Saturday 12:30 – 1:30pm
What to wear
Jazz: Leotard and tights, any color. Jazz pants may be worn. For footwear, jazz oxfords or jazz sneakers maybe worn. Hair should be secured away from the face. No jewelry please.
Hip-Hop: Comfortable dance or athletic wear may be worn. Any dance footwear is acceptable. If wearing sneakers they must be clean and not used for street wear — with a non-mark sole. Hair should be secured away from the face. No jewelry please.